Friday 11 October 2013

Addicted to? #1 Lush Products

Can you have too much of a good thing? Surely not! That is my philosophy with beauty products, if you're on to a good thing why not just keep going? One of my favourite brands for this is Lush. That shop is like crack to me I just can't help going inside and grabbing samples of stuff to try and so far I have not been dissapointed. Lush is a quirky place and on occasion I do smell or poke things that make me wonder why they came into being. So, to help you pick through the mine field, here are some of my favourite buys from Lush.




  • Herbalism: My most repurchased product from Lush, I have gone through so many pots of this stuff because it's just so good! It looks a bit dogey because it is a green paste. But it's so good for oily skin. Really sorts out spots, blackheads and shiny T-zone to the point where I think my skin type has changed as I use it once or twice a month if 'm breaking out as opposed to the twice a day required when I started.
  • Jumping Juniper Shampoo bar: this stuff is a Godsend if you have a scalp that wants to make you sad like mine does. I have psoriasis on my scalp and this is brilliant for keeping it under control (if you don't know what psoriasis is, it's a pesky skin condition that makes your scalp dry, flaky and itchy but also your hair greasy....nightmare). This gets my hair really clean, keeps my scalp happy, smells good and lasts for AGES!
  • Greased lightning: although my skin is a lot better now I will never be without this stuff it is the best way to demolish spots. You can use it topically or all over you face if you're having a bad skin day and it gets rid of redness and calms everything down.
  • Big sea salt shampoo: such a lovely treat, it smells like a tropical island holiday (sea salt, coconut and lemons....yum) this makes my hair feel beautiful. Really volumizing adds loads of shine, this is my pamper treat for my hair if I'm going out and want it looking its best. And yes mine is in an innocent smoothie bottle - makes it easier to decant and use in the shower without getting water in it.
  • Brazened honey fresh face mask: a recent  acquisition but already a firm favourite. I'm not really a fan of some of the other fresh face masks I've tried, they didn't really do anything and the cupcake one (ironically meant for acne) broke me out. However, I brought some empty pots back and this one was free and I've fallen in love with it. Lovely for a pamper evening, the ginger and lime really brighten my skin and the scrubbyness makes it nice and smooth (helps my makeup go on really well too). 
    • Tip: these masks are a little messy and really hard to keep from getting in your hair. I use mine in the shower/bath, leave it one and try not to get too much water on your face, then rinse it off at the end. That way you have no awkward bits in your hair.
  • Mint Julips Lip Scrub: Great if you have dry chapped lips, gets all the dead skin off leaving your lips feeling lovely and soft. Put some lip balm on then use your finger to give your lips a gentle scrub then rub if off with a towel (it is edible but I find it kind of weird) 
  • No Drought Dry Shampoo: This stuff is the only dry shampoo that doesn't upset my scalp (batiste dries mine out and makes it sad). It is also the best smelling, especially if you love citrusy grapefruit and lime goodness like me. Whilst a bit messy, like many Lush products, it leaves no white in your hair and does the job. 


Thanks for reading hope this will help you pick up something scrummy if you're heading to lush :)
Obviously I haven't tried the whole shop yet so let me know in the comments if there's something I've missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment