Friday 11 October 2013

World of Books gave me a cup of tea!






I've recently got back into reading and have been on the hunt for things to devour. I then came across World of Books which I have used before to get second hand copies for Uni. They have a huge selection of books but the bit that caught my eye was their £1.50 short list. I have long been cross at how much companies are charging for paperbacks and disinclined to spend sometime up to £12 for a book I won't know I like till I've finished it. I also find the huge choice in book shops means that I never know what I want anyways. So the World of Books shortlist is great, they have around 10 books on there so I can look at a few blurbs and reviews and just grab one. There's no minimum spend, delivery is free and I haven't even gotten to the best bit yet!
Currently they have a deal on with tea pigs where you get a free fancy tea bag with your order. I am a huge tea drinker and tea pigs have really fun flavours that I can't afford so I grabbed a book and got a lovely cup of tea thrown in. What could be better? I received the Melt Away flavour which has tiny bits of chocolate in it. Sounds weird but it tasted amazing. The best description I can come up with is If Rich Tea Biscuits Were a Drink. Pretty much sums it up.

I purchased "Before I go to Sleep" by S.J. Watson which I flew through in a week and have gone back to World of Books for more. It's such a great way to make reading accessible in an age where so many things are cheaper and more instant than books. So if you're looking for a cheap way to get back to reading or to pick up something a bit different head to World of Books.

Thanks for reading and let me know in the comments any good books or indeed flavours of tea you have tried recently :)

No comments:

Post a Comment